2000 c-50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 c-50

I installed a new water pump kit and it still will not pump water . Do you think I need a new thermostat. ? I had not started the motor for three years when I cranked it the pump woud not work then I installed the new kit. I did check the pisser hose and it is clear. thanks for your help

try hooking a garden hose to the copper tube on the motor where the waterpump hooks up

Comment

If I hook the water hose up to the copper line can I crank the engine? How about the thermostat should I change it? do they stick?

Comment

They can stick, but it is a simple task to pull it out and check for proper operation in a pot of water as you heat it up and see when and how far it opens and closes.

If you are concerned about water not coming out of the tell tail, check for plugging in that tube by running small wire or stiff line into it .
        if you are not getting any water through the motor at all then you need to recheck your water pump installation.
        Like he said while you have the lower unit off run water through the tube to see if water will come out as it should. You maybe able to run the motor if you could keep the water hooked up but I do not see the reason for that. you are just trying to see if the water pump is the problem or you have a blockage some where

Comment

ok ,I will try that tonight. Does the water pump propeller fins need to be a certain direction. The propeller is designed to fit on my motor only way . However I was not sure if the fines needed to be rotated in a certain direction are not.....Also is the thermostat located on the side of motor at the top on a 2000 c-50 yamaha ? I know I need a manual but for now I need to ask these type of dumb questions... thanks again
          Last edited by jesse leigh; 06-30-2010, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X