Temp Sender Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temp Sender Question

Can I use Yamaha Water Temp sender #688-83591-00-00 on a Teleflex gauge that had been hooked up to a Teleflex Head Temp sender?

I notice there are 2 wires coming out of the Yamaha sender and only 1 coming out of the Teleflex sender. Is there a possible resistance issue or anything ?

I guess the real question is do I have to use a Yamaha gauge for the Yamaha sender?

Thanks for your replies

Sorry I guess I should have added this is on a 1992 150 TLRQ using older style individual gauges
    Last edited by classic73montauk; 06-29-2010, 05:14 PM.

Never tried it don't know if uses same resistance values as Teleflex gauge or how accurate it would be.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I guess I will have to bite the bullet and buy another gauge.

I like the fact that the Teleflex has actual numbers on it instead of just the bar graph design that I have seen on the Yamaha Temp gauge advertisements

Comment

See if you can get the Teleflex temp sensor to match gauge you have.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

The one I have is threaded differently, maybe due to being metric, so I think an adapter is needed. Also the depth of my current sender is too long and hits the metal housing inside of the head. the Yamaha sender is very short in length.

Comment

Working...
          X