X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 Yam 130 2 strk Remote Oil Tank Question

Hi Folks.

I'm new here. Looks like a great site.

I have a 2003 Yam 130 hp 2 stroke outboard - Model 130 TXRB. The remote oil tank is no longer pumping oil into the engine mounted tank. When I flip the manual switch on the engine, it doesn't start to fill the engine mounted tank. Are the little pumps on the back side of the remote tank prone to failing? A friend put a wire to the pump connectors and we didn't feel any vibration. Could it be fried already? I only have 150 hours on the engine. Any ideas / trouble shooting things or experience with this problem?

Many thanks.
    Monomoy Rips

The oil transfer pump is in back of remote oil tank and sounds like it needs to be replaced.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Mine has stopped working after setting up over the winter before. You can try what has worked for me. Remove the remote tank oil pump and loosen the screws on the backing plate or take it off and see if any residue build up on the plate or in the gears. There is an oil ring seal make sure it is still in place This has allowed mine to work a couple of times after doing this. I still have the original pumps and my motors are 1986. Maybe this will work for you and save buying a new pump.

Comment

Working...
      X