Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Filter Question 175 V Max, '94

Model # P175TLRS

I was going to change out the fuel filter on the port side of the motor. I gave the motor number to a Y parts store and she gave me Part Number , 61N-24563-00-0 Filter and 93210-32738-00 O Ring. That's the problem, this has a flat rubber type gasket not an O ring. Any one run into this before. Do these need to be changed or just cleaned when clogged up?

Any body help with this?

Comment

Most Yamaha under-cowl fuel filters that I'm familiar with are serviceable, meaning just unscrew it, remove and clean the little mesh screen filter, clean out the filter bowl, and reinstall it, put a drop of oil on threads and the O-Ring to help smooth the re-assembly. If you have a transom-mounted fuel/water seperating filter, then your under-cowl filter will rarely have anything in it, but I always check it just to be sure. Good Luck!

Comment

Big Texan

Many Thanks, I do have a transom mounted water fuel separator I installed. I guess I did not need this filter screen but it was the gasket I was concerned with as it has to be put in there just so or it leaks, They sold me an o ring which mine does not use?? I can not see how this o ring replaces the flat type gasket I have but I am going to see if it does?

Comment

It is an O-Ring your old is just compressed flat.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
          X