F90TLRD won't start no fuel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F90TLRD won't start no fuel

My 90 ran perfectly last time out about 2 weeks ago. I went to start it yesterday and it wouldn't start. After checking the basics, I am getting no fuel to the cylinders. They all have spark. Fuel it coming through both filters at the rear of the motor. Can all injectors clog simultaneously or is there something else? I spray starting fluid into the intake and it crank immediately. When the starting fluid is burnt, engine dies.

Sounds like fuel pump/ filter problem. Check pressures

Comment

The fuel pump on the rear of the engine is pumping through the filter. Is there another pump? All fuses are good.
      Last edited by aharbach; 06-26-2010, 09:08 AM.

Comment

May be a problem with electric fuel pump in vapor separator tank.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

check your fuses can you hear the fuel pump running in the vst ?

Comment

The fuel pump runs for a few seconds after the key is turned. Fuel is getting there, but no fuel gets to the cylinders. How can I test the electric fuel pump or other components there? Fuses are all good.

Comment

A service manual will give the info and test equipment you need to test and repair your motor.
              If you do not have one then get one for your motor, it will save you lots of money and time if you work on your motor yourself

Comment

Local mechanic says injectors are clogged. I can take them out if they can be cleaned. Should they be cleaned or replaced? What can be used to clean them?

Comment

Working...
                X