Where to connect the Battery lead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to connect the Battery lead?

I know this seems like a simple question but...

I have just purchased a second hand 1980's Yamaha V4 115hp. Neither my old man or I for the life of us can work out where to connect the battery lead to the outboard!? We are assuming it should be a simple task with color coded wires / terminals? I can see the starter motor and the relay it connects to, but there is no evident place to connect the battery lead. All the bolts seem far to small, no room, and looks like a battery has never been connected to it.

I will take a photo tomorrow and add it to this post which might help.

Any ideas till then?

Cheers,
    Justin.

Red (+ 2/4 awg) cable from battery normally connects to starter solenoid stud and then runs on to the starter. Black (-) to engine ground stud. If you do not have a manual go on line and should easily find a wiring diagram for your motor.

Comment

Thanks for your help guys!! ... that sorted it out!

This just didn't seem logical because the terminal hole on the cable was far to big for the bolt it was going onto! ... But all working now!

Comment

hey

do you have a photo of your connections for earth and power to the battery as i have the same issue thanks my email is it.flows@bigpond.com

Comment

Where do I connect the cables for the battery to the outboard

Comment

Originally posted by IanVan WYK View Post
            Where do I connect the cables for the battery to the outboard
            For what brand and model of outboard motor do you ask?

Better to start a new post than to ride on one that is 6 years old.

Comment

Working...
            X