Fresh out of Ideas Help!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh out of Ideas Help!!!!!!

I have a 1993 225txxr yamaha outboard that won't reach rpm's above 2500. Sat for a year and had some problems with it through most of last year. It would clear out and ran good sometimes after changing a fliter. I rebuilt fuel pumps, Rebuild carbs install new racor filters, fuel lines, new spark plugs and even replaced the fuel tank. It's not missing at idle and the lower rpm's like it had been. But it won't get to max rpms. Can it be an electric problem? How can I test this without it going to a dealer since the boat is in the water? Do you have any other suggestions to cause this type of problem? The problems were all caused by the gasahol I had thought, but now I'm not sure. Thanks
    hookedondbay1

Run a compression test on engine. Check warning buzzer is working by grounding pink wire at one of the temp sensor on cylinder head and turn key on , buzzer should sound.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I had a similar problem, have someone pump the fuel ball while driving at WOT. My problem was with the anti syphon valve in the fuel tank restricting fuel flow.

Comment

Working...
      X