Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil level flashing

Hello,
    1999 P200, with newer digital gauges. Just picked up the boat, and notice that the middle bar on the oil level gauge is flashing. I think this 3 bar setup is only monitoring the big remote oil tank, but not sure. Both tanks are full. Ive read that no oil will transfer in this condition, and ive had to use the manual switch to fill the engine tank once on the water(had alarm and 2k limit). So, i think the engine oil tank sensor is operating correctly because i took it out and tilted it to full and empty(alarm sounded)... So how do i test the large remote oil tank sensor? can i do similiar tests?

(im not so good with my volt meter...never know where to set the dang thing...only really use it for continuity and 12v power checks)

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by captpn; 06-24-2010, 02:55 PM.

The oil level bars in tach are reading both oil tanks, the middle bar(add oil) and right hand bar(full) are the remote oil tank(one in boat). Make sure wiring harness to remote oil tank is connected and connectors are in good shape, no corrosion. With float on oil level sensor in up position full bar on tach should be on, float down midlle bar should be on, if sensor is ok and wiring is ok.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X