2002 F225 Alarm with key on engine not running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 F225 Alarm with key on engine not running

I have a pair of 2002 F225s on my Grady. The starboard engine alarm sounds as soon as the key is turned on with the engine not running. The temperature and oil indicators on the digital tach are not illuminated. The engine starts and runs OK but the alarm sounds continuously. I shut it down in fear of the unknown. Where do I start?

is the trim indicator on the gauge showing trimmed down? Alarm will sound if it thinks your tilted up too far. maybe your plastic trim sensor on the outboard broke...you can move it manually to check to see if the gauge changes accordingly.

Comment

Trim indicator is showing engine down and changes as engine is trimed up but thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Check the wiring harness connections on trim/oil harness that goes between engine and tach, sounds like it is not connected correctly or shorted out.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Switching the connectors from Starboard to port engine at the key switch and the problem follows the Starboard engine to the port alarm. Disconnecting the wiring harness at the engine and the alarm silences. I believe the problem is at the engine. I have checked every sensor listed in the service manual and all test OK. I think I'm missing something simple.

Comment

Have you got a yammy agent close by as the quickest way to find out is have it conected to yds, or you can buy a winky blinky and get the codes about 70 bucks .
            You could go on looking but for the trouble it is not worth it to many variable things that it could be .

Comment

Yamaha tech connected using Diagnostic software. No Alarms were present. Only 3 faults cause the alarm to sound. 1. Engine temperature, oil pressure a or the lanyard. All were normal. He supected a bad ECM(Engine control Module). I switched the modules for the port to starboard to prove it. So.. the $1000 ECM is bad.
              Thanks for all your sugestions

Comment

Working...
              X