1999 115 Yamaha Overheated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 115 Yamaha Overheated

Had my boat in a shop for water pump replacement, and tune up 6 months ago.Had not ran motor until yesterday. Ran about 20 minutes and pee tube flowing fine.Started back and when about 10 min runntime,engine died. When it stopped the engine cowling was smoking .No horns sounded.When it cooled down we removed the cowling and after looking it over,jugs discolored and on the bottom of the bblock,on the right side(looking from the back) a plastic 3/4 hose fitting was broken off.Is that a main water supply hose.Makes a 90 and to the head.The engine will start and 4X120# compression on all cylinders.WHAT HAPPENED?

NO ONE ON HERE OFFERED INFORMATION TO ME, SO HAD TO TAKE IT TO A SHOP IN CORPUS CHRISTI. After dianostic, they said thermostat stuck closes and since a prolonged idle it lost water presure.Reesults was new head gasket gutted thermostats and gasket set.New thermo temp sensors and new wiring and heads shaved.Old heat horn was inop so a new heat horn.This engine had 52 hours on it and now I have a old engine.Should of stayed with my Suzuki.Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
    X