power trim and tilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power trim and tilt

can anyone supply me with wiring diagrams for a 1995 saltwater series v-x 250hp. I have power at both sides of the relay all the time removed trim wires tryed to jump wires and still no movement. Would like to see diagram to start with the wiring first. Thanks Steve

have a look at parts break down there is a circuit breaker in the bottom of the elec motor or just pull the elec motor and have a look. if the relay is working then the problem has got to be the elec motor

Comment

if the motor is a two wire, disconnect both motor wires from the relay and touch them to the positive and negative of the battery. By reversing wires the motor will run in the other direction. If the motor runs then the problem is likely in the relay or a ground connection, if it will not run then pull motor and check out. most are damaged from water intrusion.

Comment

I pulled the wires and did that got one of the trim motors to move so I will pull the other motor today. I am dealing with two trims when all the wires are connected to the relay should the relay be live on both posts to the motor wires???? Thanks for the help Steve

Comment

Working...
        X