Spray for motor....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spray for motor....

What kind of de-salter type spray is recommended under the motor cowling? I noticed some salt/water and was wondering what to use. Thanks.

I usually wait until a nice, hot ,sunny day to remove the upper cowl and gently rinse off the motor with a garden hose, let it sit there in the sun to dry. Parts that could be damaged by salt spray I spray them with a light coat of white lithium grease, wipe off excess. This works particularly well for tilt and trim motor, pump, connections, rams. Pretty well stops corrosion.

Comment

Engine Service Under cowling

Originally posted by robert graham View Post
      I usually wait until a nice, hot ,sunny day to remove the upper cowl and gently rinse off the motor with a garden hose, let it sit there in the sun to dry. Parts that could be damaged by salt spray I spray them with a light coat of white lithium grease, wipe off excess. This works particularly well for tilt and trim motor, pump, connections, rams. Pretty well stops corrosion.
      Even better. Wash down engine with salt away found at ant marine supply store of your liking. Note: always keep all liquids out of the air intakes on any engine..I usually wrap mine with alumimn foil

You can either let engine air dry or blow it down with compressed air.
      Then after it is good and dry spray all parts with a silicone spray lube..never use grease products where plastic bushing and spacers are because some types of lubricant make them swell...unless advised by service rep or manual..

Your Engine will love you for it! Not to say look 1oo% better..

Have A Great Day!!

Comment

Working...
      X