92 carbed 225 overheating, replaced, flushed still overheating,help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92 carbed 225 overheating, replaced, flushed still overheating,help

Have a 225, have replaced the PRV, thermostats, flushed and also have run without thermostats and still overheats, used a heat sensor to monitor from external and the heads get up to 220 on both sides, can't figure out what else to do, have opened the jackets and removed the salt and any other debris, the water stream coming off has good spray, any idea what else might be the problem?

*** no one has an opinion?

Comment

hows bout waterpump and housing ??
      overheating on hose or in water ?

Comment

I Idled mine in a tank with 9% vinegar and water 50/ 50 for a whole day. Shutting down when the temp got up to 160 on the heads or the water in the tank got over 110. You might try this and if it doesn't do the job you can always pull the heads and clean them manually but this worked for my 175 94 model. The stuff would float to the top of the tank where you can skim it off. Worth a try.

Comment

overheating on hose and in water, pulled jackets and cleaned also, waterpump is new, and use salt away on it. probably gonna pull the exhaust plate in b/n the two heads and see. ? does the cylinder walls have water ports around them or is just around the head jacket.

Comment

Yes. Hard to clean. The heads are easily cleaned but around the cylinders not. That when i went the vinegar route.. Good luck Hope those head bolts come out, be careful as I had to really work the lower ones back and forth as to not break them off.

Comment

I have similar issues with a 1996 150 Saltwater Series. Are you able to get the cylinder heads off the block with the powerhead still installed? Bottom bolts seem to have little clearance to lower cowl.

Comment

Did this ever get resolved?

Comment

I got the cylinder heads off of my 150. They do not look bad at all. Cylinder jackets in the block are clean. Anybody have problems with the exhaust / water plate under the powerhead possibly near where the water pump tube goes?

Comment

Originally posted by backwash2 View Post
                    I got the cylinder heads off of my 150. They do not look bad at all. Cylinder jackets in the block are clean. Anybody have problems with the exhaust / water plate under the powerhead possibly near where the water pump tube goes?

You need to start your own thread with you model # and problems listed. It makes things run a lot smoother and does not confuse people on who is talking to who.

Comment

Working...
                    X