Help....1988 Yamaha 70 hp 2 stroke oil injected....alarm issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help....1988 Yamaha 70 hp 2 stroke oil injected....alarm issues

hey im new to the site. My name is Dan and im from SC. Found this website last night when i was looking for info on my 70 hp yamaha....thought maybe someone could help....

Heres what i have.....
    I have a 1988 70 hp yamaha 2 stroke.....just put it on the boat this past week and it wasnt running right so i cleaned the carbs (high speed jets were clogged) but an alram also went off on the way back to the ramp....i was in shallow water and had the motor trimmed up a good bit when i got in deeper water and trimmed the motor down the alarm stopped going off os i assumed it was a temp alarm....but now after i cleaned the carbs and put it back together the alarm came on as soon as a turned the switch on before i even tried to crank it....i hooked the gauge (from the boat i took the engine off of) back up and the oil light is on (but that was the only leads i hooked up to the motor was the ones for the oil light) but not sure if thats normal or not before the engine starts....the motor is oil injected and has the tank mounted on the motor...the tank is full... any ideas what the problem could be or what i could check? Sensor maybe? bad connection somewhere?

Test the oil level sensor in oil tank, may be bad.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X