motor only idling when choke on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motor only idling when choke on

got a 87 8sh motor cleaned carb. It runs but doesnt idle with choke off with choke on it will idle do you think it is the fuel pump not pumping enough fuel. It just seems like the engine isn't getting enough fuel and the primer bulb isn't staying hardhave to keep pumping it

ok got the primer bulb staying hard but now idling with choke just about closed do you think it may be a float problem now

Comment

clean/rebuild carbs

Comment

what do I need to buy to rebuild carbs havent found a rebuild kit for that carb yet

Comment

not sure on that small hp but the other Yamaha's just took apart and cleaned, replace parts only if you find something wrong

Comment

I cleaned it very good but didn't replace anything other then gasket for the bowl do you think I should replace the float, I really cant tell if thats the problem or not runs good wot but just need more fuel when idling

Comment

ok called the dealer and got a rebuild kit on order and soaking the carb, company that makes rebuild kit is sierra are they pretty reputible

Comment

Working...
              X