15 hp 4 stroke Felhz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 hp 4 stroke Felhz

Hi everyone this is my first thread, thank you for having me. I am a surf fisherman form LI NY with a skiff I fly fish off of. I am an engine newbie and hav a carb issue. I have eliminanted just about all problems and noew am left with the carb. I bought a new one less than a year ago and cannnot believe its gummed up all ready. Despite my disbelief I want to clean it. I know you all hate general questions, but if someone can get me started. I have seen people discuuss soaking the carb, cleaning it, and even blowing out the jets, can anyone give me some direction. I'd appreciate it.

Same issues

I too have had the same issue with my 2003 15hp Merc four stroke outboard and everything I have read says it is a fuel issue and there really is not much you can do! If the ethanol sits around it gunks up the carbs. You will be removing and cleaning the carbs every month. It is the biggest pain in the @$& out there! Very frustrating as I have cleaned, and replaced my carb as well as my fuel pump... If anyone has any fuel insights, that would be most helpful. Was thinking of trying to get my hands on aviation fuel which has no ethanol. Have also heard issues with the rubber fuel lines being effected by ethanol. Any words of wisdom will certainly help!!! Very frustrated!!! Thanks! UNCLG

Comment

Working...
    X