200 hpdi wont reach higher rpm's in forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200 hpdi wont reach higher rpm's in forward

I changed all filters in VST and motor. I also emptied gas tank and refilled with new gas. Motor runs great but bogs at 2200 rpm's in forward. Sounds great when at lower rpm's and work's fine in reverse.
    Not sure what to do next ?

May need to have fuel pressure checked on high pressure fuel pump, will have to be put on computer diagnostic to get fuel pressure reading.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Check your shift position switch. It is located on the starboard side of the motor where the shift and throttle cable mount. The part is not that expensive to replace (around $35) and simple (two wires). Let us know what you find out.
      Insufficient Fund$ II - 26' Paramount, twin Yamaha 150 HPDI's
      Sometimes you eat the bear, Sometimes the bear eats you!

Comment

I brought it to the mechanic and found that my high pressure pump wasnt working well (20pds pressure instead of 100) . He took it off along with the injectors and sent them out to be cleaned.The injectors were salted on so badly that a press had to be used to remove them (hope there not cracked).
        My engine sits off on a bracket. Is there anything I can do to avoid the injectors from becoming salted on?

Comment

I would not think you should be getting salt under the cowling, but washing,cleaning, and spraying a corrosion inhibitor norrmally helps all outboard motors

Comment

Working...
          X