F115 vapor lock or vst?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F115 vapor lock or vst?

I have a 2004 F115 yami. It has run flawless until last week. After running at 5000 rpm for 1 hour in 88 degree water in the Keys, I stopped the boat to put it on the trailer. I sat at the dock for about 20 min. The starboard engine would crank over but not catch fire. Not even a cough or spit. I let it sit for another 15 min then had to use the throttle at max to get it to finally start. this has happen 3 times since then. I replaced the fuel filters and thermostat and checked the pulgs.
    It starts fine when it's cold, and runs fine with no missing or power loss once I get it on going. it only acts up after it has been run for a while and left to sit.
    do you think this is a fuel pressure problem, vapor lock, or is the float sticking?

Might check thermostat is working properly and fuel cooler water passages is not blocked. Might try to idle it for a little while to cool down engine before shutting it off and see if that helps.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

did not think about the water flow around the fuel rail. I guess I could pull the water hose of the top of the fuel rail and see if there is flow when I flush the engine.

Comment

The fuel cooler is next to VST not on fuel rail.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X