2004 70 Hp Low Or No Water Pressure And Over Heating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 70 Hp Low Or No Water Pressure And Over Heating

About six months ago, I started having low water pressure coming from the pisser and figured I had run in sand and mud to much and had to change the water pump impeller and it should be fine. I have since changed the entire water pump, including all gaskets and the plastic and aluminum water housings, you name it. I have changed the thermostat and pulled the inner and outer exhaust covers off and replaced gaskets, blow it out with air and checked to make sure that I have all water holes open. I have put all of this back together and placed lower motor in drum and it will not pick-up water still. I can place the water flush with hose on motor and with pressure from the hose, will get low pressure out of pisser. I have flushed entire water system with Salt Away. After flushing and starting again, I received no water from pisser and over heating horn went off. What can I do next????

I really need some help or I'll have to buy a new motor. Please help!
    POPPY

from what I've read on this forum there may be a PRV,(pressure relief valve) stuck open,which would prevent enough pressure to build up at low rpm's, so pisser cant piss unless running wide open,does it piss any at high rpm's ?

Comment

drop the lower unit and put water hose onto the tube from water pump, turn on water and see if you get water flow through the motor and out the indicator. If it flows that way then you have a problem with the water pump itself. Sucking air or impeller installed wrong

Comment

Running at high RPM's it will piss water but is problematic based on whether it would pick up initially.
        POPPY

Comment

I'll give the water hose a try on the pipe to see if a good flow is coming from the indicator. If so, I have contemplated it sucking air and would understand that issue, but the entire water pump is all new and the impellar will only mount one way onto the shaft. I have all parts but can't understand where an air leak would be? I'll test it again and tear it down one more time.
          POPPY

Comment

If not put boat in water and run, may not be getting enough water from flusher or have it deep enough in tub to pump enough.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Did you try running a wire down the piss tube?
              Maybe something is blocking it.

Comment

Working...
              X