Powerhead for an F100 ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powerhead for an F100 ...

Where can I get a powerhead (if called that for a 4-stroke) for a 1999 F100 outboard? If powerheads aren't available do I need to order individual parts?
    Local guy has an F100 that the crankshaft supposedly dis-integrated on and I'm looking at it for a winter project....

Looking at the online parts diagrams for the F100 I noticed that it was only made in 1999. In 2000 Yamaha came out with the F115 and many of the engine part numbers are the same or similar (head gasket, crank seals, etc.). SO, is it safe to say that F115 parts can be used to repair this broke-down F100? (Much like swapping around 2-stroke V6 parts from similar vintages?)...F115s are more available out there for parts and pieces...

Comment

There is one big difference that you are forgetting about. The F100 is a carb motor while all the F115 motors were fuel injected. You would have to purchase a complete fuel system/ ECM to adapt your F100 into a F115.

Comment

crankshaft

I have the same problem, trying to find a crankshaft for f100 and the f115 chankshaft looks the same. Please help.

Comment

You are riding on a nine year old post.

What help are you seeking?

An F100 crankshaft is different from an F115 crankshaft although there may be many similarities.

67F-11411-00-00 YAMAHA CRANKSHAFT

68V-11411-00-00 YAMAHA CRANKSHAFT

Comment

crankshaft

So can I use a f115 crankshaft in a f100 motor

Comment

crankshaft

It very hard to find a f100 crankshafts one that's good. I bought 2 off eBay and both of them were defective. There's no room for error when concerns crankshaft.

Comment

Working...
              X