150 f questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 150 f questions?

Hi all, Having a funny symptom with my 2005 150f outboards. I have 2400hrs on the engines. Scheduled and other maintnence has been followed, engines have run great. Recently the engines are stalling when shifted into gear, Blue smoke at times in low rpms. The engines run fine in mid range up to about 3,800-4,200 rpms. In this range the starboard engine will occasionaly stutter, rpm drop with visible blue exhaust. These symptoms only last for a second or two, before the motors run fine again. I checked oil this morning and found oil to the top of the dip stick.

The precursor to this symptom was a report of bad gas at the fuel dock I use. They said they had some Diesel mixed with the gas ;( They offered to pay for damages. I have run aprx. 200gallons of new gas through engines since running suspected bad gas.

Tyee

I changed the oil this afternoon,checked fuel lines, Racor and other filters. Each engine was about 1-2qt over full, it smelled like fuel. After filling up with new oil, I ran the engines for 30 minutes or so. At first the port engine smoked, not the starboard which had the previouse symptoms? After running 4200-4,800 rpms I could not duplicate the symptom. I checked the oil after running, and it was clean and normal level. Engines seem to be running fine again.

Matt

Comment

I would be reporting this to the bad fuel dock as it might be a claim down the track also do you run ring free to remove carbon build up

Comment

Need to have compression test done.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X