2004 90 hp 4 stroke - will not start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 90 hp 4 stroke - will not start

low hours on this motor, ran perfect until i went to put it on its mooring when it just turned over and would not start. the engine was not cold nor was it hot as i had used it in the afternoon. I gave the priming bulb a squeeze to see if it was a vapour lock but it was full. This sounds an awful lot like an electrical problem but I am not sure of the obvious place to start. My wife is very disappointed as this is her boat.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Sandy

Check for water in fuel, check to see if have spark at spark plugs.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

check fuses............... check emergency stop lanyard you probably think i am being smart but i does happen ......can you hear the fuel pump running?

Comment

I had a very similar situation like yours this weekend... One of my dogs pull the e-stop lanyard and when I lifted the switch it would not start/nothing. I wiggled the switch and voila it fired right up...

Comment

Solution found thanks for the help

my son had been playing at the helm and had removed the emergency lanyard and attached it to the key. The physical switch location is next to the key and thus i did not see that it was removed. Two out of three posts suggested this.

THANK YOU ALL

Comment

Don't feel bad.....it has happened to me and is the leading cause of "won't start"

Comment

You did not say if it will turn over or not.

If turns over and then kicks out....low battery --bad battery

Let us know what you find.

Comment

Did you not read that it was his emergency lanyard was pulled?

Comment

Working...
                X