engine trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine trouble

i have a 1990 yamaha 225 it has run fine for last 3 years i fish out of it about 2 days a week well 2 weeks ago my problem started first it started bogging down if i was running wide open around 65 mph long as i was running around 50 it seemed to run fine well about a week ago i was idling under a bridge and it shut off i cranked it back up put it in gear give it some gas it would cut off i did this several times before it finally got going i went about half mile stopped to fish a spot fished for about 30 min. got ready to leave cranked motor put it in gear give it some gas it shut off did this several times. then it got where it didnt wont to crank at all .we let it sit several min. thought it may be flooded we finally got it to crank and as long as we just put it in gear and not give it any gas it would idle along even though it was idling rough. anyway i got it home took the cover off and noticed fuel filter was leaking around top cme to find out had a small hole in top filter bulb would not pump up tight also . to make an already long story shorter my oldest son who is fairly smart on boat motors did some troubleshooting on it replaced primer bulb told me one of the fuel pumps was bad and so was fuel filter so i replaced one of the fuel pumps and fuel filter primed new bulb up tight checked for any fuel leaks did not see any. thought problem was solved. took it to lake yesterday unloaded off trailer cranked motor idled over to dock picked up my brother idled out from dock went to give gas to plane off motor shut off. finally got it to crank rev it up in neutral fine put it in gear idling along kinda rough give it gas it cuts off. then it gets where it does not want to crank at all. so we ***** for awhile fishing thinking it may be flooded. about an hour later we try it again it finally cranks put it in gear hoping it will idle back to boat ramp. it rough idles about 5 to 10 seconds cuts off. try to crank it again but it just spins and spins will not hit.i need some help please

Might try cleaning carbs and checking for water in fuel.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X