Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stalling from neutral to forward, 200 hp sws oxx 66

Hi,
    I am new to this forum, and to my engine, and hope someone can help me with my stalling issue. Last season I bought a boat with a 2003 200 hp sws oxx 66. The engine had low hours (130). I only put 10 hours on it last year, and then the marina winterized it.

I have had it out 2 times this year. Both times, the engine starts well, then stalls a number of times when going from neutral to forward. Once it gets going it runs really well. I have put 85 miles on it so far; it tops out at 5500 rpm, and there seem to be no issues once it gets going, really runs well at all speeds.

I have never been able to prime to the bulb firm, and am not sure if i should be able to. I asked the tech at the marina (not a yamaha tech) to look at this issue: yesterday he said when he pumped the ball and started it there was lots of smoke, and then it kept stalling from neutral to forward, and then once it got going it ran well. Today he said he didn't pump the ball at all, the engine started and seemed to work fine; he suggests that you might not have to pump the ball at all on these engines.

Do you need to prime the bulb on these fuel-injected engines?- should the primer bulb get firm?- has anyone heard of this kind of issue and point me in a direction to resolve or troubleshoot my issue?

Any help is appreciated,
    Thanks
    Mike

I have a 2000, 200hp OX66 & in the 7yrs. I've owned it I have never once touched the bulb from first start in March to last start in early December.

Comment

Thanks very much Nates. I will start it without the bulb, and let you know how it runs next week.
      All the best

Comment

Working...
      X