2005 F115 Tlrd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 F115 Tlrd

Hello to all. My problem is my motor is not spitting out water from the rear holes (some call it Peeing). I used ear-muffs with good pressure but no water comes out. Although, when i use the flush holes on the engine water does come out but the flow is weak. Let me know if anyone has a clue of what to do to get the water flowing again?
    Last edited by cjjohn38; 06-09-2010, 02:11 PM. Reason: spelling
    C J

May be simple fix

This is either really simple or not. The motor sucks in water at the lower unit and spits it out at the pee hole. Start at the top. The hole may be plugged with crud. Use a light guage wire. The wire in a decent bread twist-tie will work. Strip off the paper part and push the wire into the hole and rumage it around. If the wire bends like crazy upon entry you know you have found your problem. Switch to something heavier and push it in and out many times over. Put on the muffs, turn on the water and start the motor. If water is coming out you have made progress and should continue to reem it out with the wire until it flows smoothly.

If no water - shut off the motor immediately. If you think you did a good job of cleaning out the pee hole, look at the lower end. There aren't many places down there that let in water do go after them with a scrub brush if stuff is apparent and with your wire if not.

Generally these 2 steps set you free. If not, could be a bad pump.

Comment

*** thks

good advise on my way out side to try....thks again ill let you know if it works.
      C J

Comment

Not enough water you really need more water than a garden hose, engine should be in water for testing also check poppit valve ( water relief valve) is not jammed open .

Comment

Thanks Mitch for the advise I plan to put it into the river soon, at least back the motor in. I'll let you know the outcome.
          C J

Comment

Small pebble in water holes

To all that helped me get this boat back on the water thks soo much ...it was a small pebble in the water line...took some time but now it is peeing...*** how good it feels
            C J

Comment

Working...
            X