Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 9.9 to 15

Hi,

I have a yamaha 9.9 (was bought in 2000) and i wish to increase its power to 15.

what is needed ? is the reed valve enough ? or i need to change more parts? also from where can i get the parts (must ship to EU)

also anyone knows what model is it? or where i can find the model number?
    thanks.
    Last edited by dejv; 06-11-2010, 02:00 AM.

No I'm not sure what can be done to increase horsepower on it, the model number should be on side of transom bracket.
    Last edited by boats.net; 06-11-2010, 09:27 PM.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

ic. maybe someone else knows ?

Comment

bought the reed valve, anyone knows a manual and if its hard to replace it ?

Comment

easy as, remove the cowling, pop off the choke and throttle linkages at the plastic ends, not the adjustable ends, remove the fuel line going from the fuel filter to the carb pump, remove the 2 10mm bolts securing the carb to the block , then you will have access to the reed valve assembly, which is held in by 2 or 3 10mm bolts, remove them, you may have to gently pry the reed valve assembly out, be gentle, reassemble, shouldnt take you longer than 10 minutes.

warning be very carefull retorquing the 2 main carb bolts, they stretch and snap very easy, been there, then you go from a very very easy job to a nightmare,

i dont have a service manual im trying to find one myself, i beleive its the same for the 9.9/15hp models

have a look at this, it should help

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Ya...AKE/parts.html

as far as im aware looking at the parts breakdown the only difference between the 15 and the 9.9 is the reed valve, however the 15hp may also have more aggressive ignition timing, which is why a service manual would be good to confirm.
          Last edited by jollydet; 06-11-2010, 01:12 PM.

Comment

replaced the reed valve and yesterday when i went to test it .. noticed that i had a cracked head and water was spraying into the motor :S

could it be because of the reed valve?

Comment

uprating 9.9

Hi,
              New to forum; found this when considering upgrading my 9.9 to a 15. I have a workshop manual so if anyone wants some figures from this please pm me.
              Any further advice on the upgrade?
              Tim

Comment

Working...
              X