Prop slippage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop slippage

2005 60 hp yamaha, prop works fine at low rpm. The prop won't spin properley at higher rpm. Feels like a clutch slippage.

No previuos problems with the prop.

Comment

I'd say that the rubber donut in the prop hub has dried out and allowing the prop to spin.

Any prop shop can re-donut the thing while you wait.(if they will )

Or you can sent it to them.

We've got one locally near Little Rock AR

Comment

I would research a prop shop before going to any one of them. I find that a little homework goes a long way. I live in North Carolina and have a good prop shop in Wilmington that I ship my prop too, and in return they will ship it back when it is complete. I also ship props to Florida for the same quality service and price.

I would suggest leaving the prop with the shop of your choice and let them perform the work.

In your case, I would have the hub replaced and have the prop balanced as this will eliminate any future problems. Usually, when my prop shops perform any balancing they also re-work the cup in the blade as this will lower the potential for prop slip. If is is alluminum they repaint or polish if it is stainless. I can get my alluminum props serviced for about $60 and $120 for SS. This price does not include the hub replacement. Hub replacements won't break the bank.

Comment

prop hub - can you pull the prop off and look at the rubber donut and tell if it is w

Can you pull the prop and inspect the rubber donut and tell if there is a problem?
          Originally posted by dorf View Post
          I'd say that the rubber donut in the prop hub has dried out and allowing the prop to spin.

Any prop shop can re-donut the thing while you wait.(if they will )

Or you can sent it to them.

We've got one locally near Little Rock AR

Comment

prop hub

Can you inspect the prop hub and tell if there is any damage to the hub?
            Originally posted by Reel Insane View Post
            I would research a prop shop before going to any one of them. I find that a little homework goes a long way. I live in North Carolina and have a good prop shop in Wilmington that I ship my prop too, and in return they will ship it back when it is complete. I also ship props to Florida for the same quality service and price.

I would suggest leaving the prop with the shop of your choice and let them perform the work.

In your case, I would have the hub replaced and have the prop balanced as this will eliminate any future problems. Usually, when my prop shops perform any balancing they also re-work the cup in the blade as this will lower the potential for prop slip. If is is alluminum they repaint or polish if it is stainless. I can get my alluminum props serviced for about $60 and $120 for SS. This price does not include the hub replacement. Hub replacements won't break the bank.

Comment

Working...
            X