2008 Yamaha 150 HP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Yamaha 150 HP

I am helping a friend install a 2008 Yamaha 150 HP outboard. We received a wiring harness that plugs into the motor and goes up to the console. There the harness plugs into the Yamaha ignition switch and the Yamaha shift/throttle control. The boat has a tach and trim gauge we would like to connect up. Is there an additional wiring harness we could purchase from Yamaha, we checked with the boat manufacture and they only make a harness for Mercury. There was no additional wiring information that came with any of the parts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I woulsd say yes because my 115 has a separate loom for that !!
    If you get to look at a service manual i am sure you will find its a loom of it own from the motor to the gauges !!
    Last edited by tunnels; 06-03-2010, 11:30 PM.

Comment

You would need 6Y5-83653-20-00 trim harness connected between engine and gauge to make trim gauge work and would need 6Y5-83553-No-00 gauge power harness that connects to key switch and to gauges for power and tach signal. If you are using aftermarket gauges then some trim gauges are not compatable with Yamaha trim sender, if this a 4 stroke engine then set tach setting for 12 pole alternator.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
      X