not able to flush motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not able to flush motor

I have a 04 yamaha 200 hpdi that was not used for a while and it doesn't have any water flow from pee hole when running and when I hook it up to the hose to flush the motor no water goes through the motor at all.

Originally posted by eric.101 View Post
    I have a 04 yamaha 200 hpdi that was not used for a while and it doesn't have any water flow from pee hole when running and when I hook it up to the hose to flush the motor no water goes through the motor at all.
    Check inside the "pee-hole" for obstructions first... Insert a thin piece of wire into the pee-hole while trying to flush it to see if something comes out. If not, you may have a blade or blades of the impeller clogging your system. Drop the lower end then flush system from the pee-hole first. I would put a bucket below to catch the water and so you can see if anything has come out.... Of course i would go ahead and replace/rebuild the water pump while you have i apart...its usually very simple to do and requires basic tools.....
    Hope this helps. Good Luck to ya!

Comment

thanks for the reply I will try hooking the hose up to pee hole and flushing from that point today.I dropped the lower unit and hooked hose up to flush connection and still no flow, the hose actually popped off where the flush connection connects bellow the motor from the presure of the hose because there was no flow. I tried sticking a thin wire in the elbow that hose connects to but wont bend through elbow. Disconnected hose from pee hole and removed blockage from there.Any more sugestions if flushing from pee hole doesn't work.

Comment

did you put the hose on the right end of the flush

Comment

Originally posted by eric.101 View Post
          thanks for the reply I will try hooking the hose up to pee hole and flushing from that point today.I dropped the lower unit and hooked hose up to flush connection and still no flow, the hose actually popped off where the flush connection connects bellow the motor from the presure of the hose because there was no flow. I tried sticking a thin wire in the elbow that hose connects to but wont bend through elbow. Disconnected hose from pee hole and removed blockage from there.Any more sugestions if flushing from pee hole doesn't work.
          Another place you can try...See if you can locate where the thermostat is...remove the housing that holds it in place, remove the thermostat (check it while its out) and try and force water through that opening.......Just remember..if something was sucked up in there and clogged your system, then the only way to get it out is to reverse the water flow...so id still start at the top somewhere to try and back it out.....Good Luck

Comment

Working...
          X