Yamaha 115 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 115 problem

I have a Yamaha 115. Runs great when cold (i.e. 5500RPM) but after idling or *****ing for a while drops to 4800 RPM or less depending on how long idling lasts.....the longer, the lower the RPM.

If engine is turned off during a long drift it perks back up to normal.

Any thoughts?

I have same problem with my 70hp yamaha. So hopefully someone can help I changed plugs seemed to help a bit but did it again.

Comment

115 follow up

I changes plugs
      Had injectors cleaned
      replaced thermostat

Each step helped the engine run better.....but only when cold. Went right back to low rpm's after idling for awhile

Comment

If this is a four stroke model then have it checked on computer diagnostic, run a compression test.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

115 followup

It is a 4 stoke and performed compression test was OK.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks

Comment

Check fuel pressure and fuel vacumn test to see if starving for fuel.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

you could be losing a coil,try using a timing light to see if one is dropping out.

Comment

Im having almost the same problem. Havent fixed mine yet, but a coil could be going out and failing as it gets warmer and warmer.... Mine started doing it while *****ing one day.....lmk what you find out...good luck to ya!

Comment

Will be playing with my mechanic next week.....will let you know if we fix

Thanks for all ideas

Comment

Working...
                  X