98 P200 tlrw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 P200 tlrw

I have a puzzling problem and hopeful you all can help me. when i turn the ignition to the "ON" position the overheat light and buzzer come on. this just started a few weeks ago I just replaced the impeller which was bad (the pictures on this board help a lot). now there is no way it could be overheating since it was never running. after a few minutes the buzzer will stop and light will dim. I am thinking it may be the thermosensor. If it is how do i check this. any help is greatly appreciated. after replacing the impeller i place the "EARS" and water hose to the water pickup and ran the motor now i do not have any water pressure on my gauge.

Thank you

what I mean by not running is it is cold, the motor will start and run fine.
    Last edited by sapps1234; 05-29-2010, 01:02 AM. Reason: misunderstanding

Did you change any wiring on engine? Might recheck all the wiring and wiring going to gauges.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

no wire changes were made. just replaced the impeller. I went to a Yamaha dealer to seek assistance, they think it may be the ignition switch went bad.

Comment

what are the steps to check the ignitiion switch.

Comment

Either try another switch or disconnect wiring from switch and do ohm checks on each circuit of switch.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
          X