2000 Vmax oxy 66 shuts down above 2500rpm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Vmax oxy 66 shuts down above 2500rpm

Ran 43gal fuel tank low and started have hard start with lots of smoke on first starts.
    Decarbed engine with SeaFoam and went fishing.
    Motor running great but still harder to starts. During trip cruising at 5000rpm and motor quit like ignition was turned off. Had to keep repriming bulb and idled in to dock. Engine would shutdoff above ~2200rpm. Replaced Racor fuel filter and plugs.
    Engine better but does not want to run at higher RPMs. Squeeze bulb doesn't seem to want to stay primed. If there a screen in most fuel tanks that need to be clean. Or do I have othe problems. Boat also gets run every two months.

Thanks in advance for any help.

if you ran it low and had problems at that point you may have had junk in your tank. start with your pickup tube as they sometimes have screens in them. then all inline filters and hopefully no junk made it to your injection pump. also, you might have someone test your O2 sensor, or at least remove it, soak overnight in a good carb cleaner, replace and run motor.

Comment

Thanks,
      I plan to pull siphon tube.

Comment

Pull siphon tube and found sticky siphon valve.
        After cleaning I'm getting a good run until 4500 RPMs and the 200 vmax dies. Acts like its running out of gas.

Dealer said it was my low pressure fuel pumps.
        Motor has three low pressure and one high pressure. Does this sound right?

thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
        X