Need some help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help...

I just recently purchased a 16ft aluminum boat with a 1989 30hp tiller steer Yamaha (model 30sf.) I took the cover off just to check it out and after purchasing I found what I believe is "Link, Accell" (part # 6J8-41211-00-00) laying in the bottom cowling. The part looks like a crab claw with a adjustment screw with a spring around it. I'm pretty sure it connects to the "throttle control lever" (part# 6J8-42154-01-00.) The boat seemed to run pretty fast for a 30 horse and I was wondering if anyone can please help me determine if I am correct with this part. Also, Is this part the reason the boat "seemed" to go fast because this part is like a governor maybe? Sorry if this seems confusing...

Also, If you look at the parts breakdown on Yamaha's website..
    Year: 1989
    Model: 30SF
    In the "control engine section" the part i am trying to figure out where it goes and what it does is a #37

Thanks,
    Clay

It is there to limit the rpm's when in neutral to prevent it from overreving when not in gear.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

It looks like I can snap this part back in place. Is that a bad idea, or will it more than likely just come back out again?

Comment

It should stay in place but hard to say.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X