Think I got Screwed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think I got Screwed

Ok I bought a 2005 Key Largo 206CC with an 05 Yamaha 150 2 stroke from a private seller in my town. When I went and looked at the boat he said that it had been recently serviced to include rebuild of the carbs and that it ran great. I drove it for 30 min with him and decided to buy it. The first time I took it out a drove it for no more than an hour and wham the prop stopped spinning. No visible distress to the lower unit. Checked the oil in the lower unit and it was sludge with fine metal shavings. I texted him back and he confirmed that he asked them to do a tune up and the carbs. I called him out on it and now he says all the paperwork says is the carbs and nothing more? I undertsand that I bought the boat as is, but when someone blantantly lies about it do I have any recourse?

Yes you do have recourse. You need to notify him in Writing/certified mail that you either want him to reinburse you for the cost of the repairs or take the boat back, and when he says no, file a complaint in small claims court it will cost you about $40.00. When you get to court they will take into consideration the amount you paid for the boat and how long it took for it to break down.Good luck

Comment

Working...
    X