2005 T8 Trim up problems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 T8 Trim up problems...

I have searched a bit and found some answers,and I am hoping someone can help me figure out the rest of my problem.

My T8 won't trim up without pressing the "up" button in short quick "bursts" or intervals. I do hear some noises best described as "creaking" as it slowly works it's way back to the top. It goes up slowly for about 95% of the lift up, then goes up easier the last little bit. I checked the fluid and found small metal flakes in the fluid that flowed from the slotted screw check hole, and although I'm not overly mechanically inclined, I know this cannot be good......

I guess my question is which part(s) do I need to replace? I'd rather not have to purchase the whole pump assembly for what looks like almost $800, if there is a cheaper alternative available. I know some people have had luck re-working the brushes and springs, but I think that was more of a temporary fix.

I hope to fix it soon rather than wait for it to stop working completely to get it repaired. Also in the meantime, should I top off the fluid (lost some when I pulled the screw to check it), and if so, do I add at the allen wrench hole just above the slotted screw, or is that simply a bleed/release valve?

Thanks for any help !!!!!!

Chris
    Last edited by ChrisN; 05-22-2010, 11:39 PM.

If the electric motor continues to run and at constant speed then it's a hydraulic problem and need to have it rebuilt, if elec motor is dragging then need a new motor.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X