Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F90 Fuel Filter Question

Okay - Here's the deal.

2004 Four Stroke 90HP - 2004 Lowe Boat, internal fuel tank.

December 2009 - rough idle. Dropped carbs cleaned Hi & Lo Speed jets. Drained Fuel Tank Completely, inspected fuel tank for any deposits - it was crystal clean.

Installed an inline 10 micron Yamaha fuel filter (spin on type). Boat ran fine for 5 months.

Last week boat starts missing at low speed and high speed can only get 4,500 RPM. At idle (rough) I remove spark plug wires, motor kills for #1, #2, #4. No change whatsoever on #3. I pulled spark plug and it was wet, swapped it with #1 and the plug is good. I checked and I'm getting fire on #3 so the carb must be clogged again.

I'm filling up with NON ETHANOL gas!

I removed fuel filters on the motor and poured them out in a white bucket. No signs of grit, water, grime or trash.

How am I clogging my carbs???

The F90 fuel filter consists of a cup with a strainer basket on the inside. On later models they are using a paper medium filter. I would like to swap my strainer basket with a Yamaha 68V-24563-00 filter for more filtration. Can I do this????

THANKS!!!!!!!!!

It looks like the filter assemby 68V-24560-01-00 and the cup 68V-24521-01-00 are the same for the 2004 and 2005, just the filter itself changed from the strainer type to the paper filter type......

looks like it should work.....unless anyone has any other information.....????

Comment

Need to take carb apart to see what problem is first then may be able to find solution.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by CatCam View Post
        It looks like the filter assemby 68V-24560-01-00 and the cup 68V-24521-01-00 are the same for the 2004 and 2005, just the filter itself changed from the strainer type to the paper filter type......

looks like it should work.....unless anyone has any other information.....????
        Oops - the filter Assembly is different, mine is a 60C-24521-00-00.

I wonder what the difference is between the 60C-24521-00-00 and the 68V-24521-01-00??

Comment

Fixed!!

#3 Spark plug was fouled. Replaced, ran boat for 8-hours today and it didn't miss a lick!!

Comment

Working...
          X