Rebuilding A PTT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuilding A PTT

I have a 1999 S150 TXRX motor. After many hours of troubleshooting I found the trim motor shot due to what looked like water intrusion. Well trying to disassemble it from the gear pump assy and what appearas to be a lack of antisieze on the bolts most broke off. Now trying to remove what was left of the broken bolts didn't work either.

Long story short I have to replace the gear pump assembly and the pump motor.
    Has anyone done this on this motor and is it very difficult?
    Besides getting new bolts gear pump assembly and pump motor and assemblying with anti-sieze on new bolts and bleeding system is there anything else to look for or do?
    It seems like it all just bolts up but want to make sure ther isn't more to it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

As long as you are carefull when you remove gear pump from ptt unit and pay attention to where and which way the valves go back you will be ok.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

When you purchase the gear pump assy are all the valves installed in it ready to bolt to the PTT unit?

Comment

Any help on this?

Comment

I think I would be looking for a good used freshwater complete unit and keep old one for parts if ever needed.

Comment

Working...
          X