7 pin - 10 pin splice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 pin - 10 pin splice

I would like to splice my old Yamaha 7-pin harness to my new Yamaha 10-pin motor harness (Yamaha GPXR). I will not be using the Power Tilt function.
    Old harness has R, G, W, Br, Black, Blue, and Pink wires. New harness has same seven plus Light Green, Sky Blue, Yellow. Can I simply connect or splice old colors to same colors in new harness (ignore LG, SB &Y)?

The 10 pin harness has three additional wires for power trim, they are light green, light blue and small red wire. All other wires are needed.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I don't understand the term "small red wire". What I have unused are the light blue, light green and Yellow wires. All of the other wires in the 10-pin harness I connected to their corresponding wires in the 7-pin harness. Have I made a mistake? Have not started the engines up yet! Waiting for new gasoline.

Comment

Just connect with the same 7 colour and leave the remain,it just for tilt n trim.I've done this to my engine and the throttle work well.

Comment

Hooked up same color wires from 10-pin to 7-pin and ignored the sky blue, light green and yellow wires. Motor works fine! Am not using the tilt feature.

Comment

Working...
          X