Head,watercover bolts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head,watercover bolts.

Does anyone know if the head bolts holding the water jacket & head into the engine block are sealed with loc-tite or just bolted down. Running the engine before removal of water jacket help any to get the block hot?

I dont wanna ring a head bolt off in the block upon removal to get the water jacket off my 40hp 2 stroke 3 cylinder & be screwed. is removal clockwise or counter-clockwise on the head bolts?

the clymer manual i have shows a general picture of the engine block, heads, water jacket, & all gaskets but the step by step breakdown of the process mentions nothing at all in the whole book about head removal or water jacket removal except for on 2-8hp models. it also doesnt mention anything about proper head gasket & water jacket installation as well. im sorely dissapointed in this manual

can somebody walk me through what to do. the water jacket is leaking on the bottom cylinder at the sparkplug. engine runs fine. just wanna replace water jacket gaskets & if the water jacket head is badly corroded, replace it as well. but apparently removal of the water jacket, means the head is coming off so the head gasket also has to be replaced. I just dont wanna **** this engine up & im worried ill do so

Factory manual says loc tight on bolts.
    Just like all other bolts righty tighty and lefty loosy.

Get your hands on a Yamaha manual instead of aftermarket one.

No special or magic way to remove the bolts that I know of, just do it and hope for the best.

Comment

any idea where I can get one of these yammy manuals? also how bout the costs in general?

Comment

Yamaha manuals can be ordered at www.yamaha-motor.com
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X