90hp 2 stroke 6H1 90AETO ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90hp 2 stroke 6H1 90AETO ignition

no spark on number 2 middle cylinder engine not starting .have change coils about still no spark,any ideas ,engine will run in safe mode on cylinders 1 & 3 I have just about had it with this engine everyone says they are bullit proof any one got a gun and we will find out

Do you have a manual and peak reading voltmeter. That is what is needed to check the pulsor and charge coils out puts and CDI out put to troubleshoot the motor ignition. Sounds like a pulsor coil, but you need to test things to make sure

Comment

90hp 2 stroke 6h1 90ATEO

HI thank you .now does anybody out there have any idea how to test them and what readings I should be looking for, I have ordered a manuel but it wont be with me for a few days again any help is very welcome

Comment

90hp 2 stroke 6H1 90 AETO

OK HEARS THE PROBLEM ENGINE WONT FIRE ON NO2 CYLINDER WHEN i DISCONNECT CRANPOSITION SENDER ENGINE STARTS.....................ANY IDEAS

Comment

What did your testing of the charge coil outputs and pulsar coil out puts show? What year is this motor? Does it have 2 Pulsar coils or just 1?
          Here is something that talks about how a early 90 fires http://forums.iboats.com/showthread....96#post2656596

Are you saying that #2 will fire when you disconnect the crank sensor?
          Last edited by 99yam40; 05-17-2010, 09:39 AM.

Comment

90aeto

hi cuan ferry, I have seen this and other problems like this disscussed on you tube , so that might be a reference for you. The second thing is your motor 90 AETO , I have a motor just like that , and was wondering how to determine the year of the motor. I hope in the middle of your problems ,you can help me with mine. thanks

Comment

90hp 2 stroke 6h1 90AETO

Ok Story So Far. No Spark No/2 Cylinder. Ht Coils Tested By Rotation And Apeer Fine. I Have Replaced Cdi Unit Still Have Same Problem No Spark No/2 When I Disconnect Crank Shaft Sensor I Can Start Engine But I Will Not Start When Sensor Is Pluged In.when Sensor Is Pluged In It Fires Then Shuts Down As If Key Is Being Turned Off. Have Not Checked Stator Or Pulsar Coil Yet But Given The Engine Starts I Think Could Rule Them Out Q.would Regulator Have A Bearing ..? Engine Is Early 90s And The Cdi Has Advance Retard Fitted In It

Comment

Test like the manual says. It will show why #2 is not sparking.

Comment

You should be getting 5 peak reading volts between white/red and white/black pulsor coil wires at cranking speed and 5.5 peak reading volts between blue/red and blue/white crank position sensor wires at cranking speed.
                  Regards
                  Boats.net
                  Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

90hp 2 stroke 6h1 90AETO

HI guys can any one tell me if (YMIS and CDI ) are the same thing .My engine has 1 pulser coil

Comment

Thoughts

YMIS and CDI and kinda the same thing in the manual, very confusing. I would say it is not the rectifier - have you checked the voltage from the crank position senser - it can read good on ohms, but totally put out too much voltage and overdrive the CDI unit.

Comment

Luck

Have you had any luck - seems like you might have gotten fed up.

Have you checked the voltages coming from the charge coils - you have two (High and Low) -- The pulsar coil controls cylinders # 1 and #3.

Comment

Working...
                        X