300 HPDI, Fuel Floods On Start Up???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300 HPDI, Fuel Floods On Start Up???

It will fuel flood if I let it sit a few days and then take it to the lake. It will just smoke like crazy when you try to start it, but will not start. Remove the plugs and all 6 are gas covered. Put a new set in and it will work great the rest of the day. Let it set for a few day and same thing all over again. I have changed out the two low pressure fuel pumps with new ones but that did not help it. Changed the on board boat filter and it did not help. What do I need to look at next. Thanks for any help. 2007 300 hp HPDI.

how do you store it? With the motor all the way down? or up?

I believe I have read that motor needs to be slightly tilted up so that anything even oil on the cylinder walls will not run towards the heads and slowly leak by the rings

Comment

I store it tilted up just off the small rams.

Comment

Look to see if have puddle oil in air silencer after sits for a couple of days, check engine oil tank vent hose to silencer and if oil tank is overfull.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Will do. I know there is oil under the air silencer, not alot but the bottom cowling under the air silencer has oil that has run down it. I have checked the oil tank and it is between the min. and max. marks.

Comment

No puddle of oil under the air silencer, but there is signs of oil under the silencer on the bottom of the cowling. Engine Oil tank vent clear and oil tank is with limits. Any other suggestions. Thanks
            Last edited by rangerguy; 05-13-2010, 12:03 PM. Reason: spelling wrong

Comment

I think its better take your bike to the mechanic.he will provide you the exact solution.
              [url=http://www.hidkitscheap.com/yamaha-c-60]Yamaha HID Conversion Kit[/url]

Comment

Working...
              X