Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 Twin C55ELRR engines

Here it goes,

I have a pair of 1993 Yamaha's C55ELRR engines and they start and run fine, for example yesterday I went out fishing cruised for about 45 minutes until I got to my fishing hole started fishing after I was done, one of the engines did not start at all not even a clicking sound I decided to head back in with one engine once I reached the Marina I took the engine cover off open the ignition switch and with a flat head screwdriver touch both ends on the starter relay and the engine started back on with no problems. Now the same scenario has happen with the left engine also.

Next went over to the marine supply store bought two new ignition switches and two starter relays got home replace the old parts with the new parts and the same problem again the engine on the right did not start again.
    Now I followed the brown wire that feeds the starter relay and it also goes into the thermal switch (#40 in diagram) and continues on to a module on the engine.

My question is since I'm not getting any alarms can i bypass the thermo switches and just run the brown wires directly to the starter relays, or should I replace the thermo switches too.

And what to do if the engine still does not start after replacing the thermo switches. By the way both engines are running fine and peeing correctly.

Thank you for your replies in advance.
    Attached Files

Correction

After further looking at the manual I found out the starter relay brown wire goes inside the neutral switch first and then to the CDI module which means the Engines are not reading they are in neutral, that is why they are not starting at times and also why, I'm not getting any alarms. I guess I just answer my own question.

Comment

Working...
    X