150 Vmax HPDI fouling plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 150 Vmax HPDI fouling plugs

I have a 2004 150 Vmax HPDI, After a long *****ing trip ( 7 hours at idle) i fouled plugs and replaced them. I had another short trip *****ing with the new plugs everything was great, yesterday i went out and had another long day of *****ing ( 7 hours at idle) and fouled plugs again. I tried to clean it out on the trip in but it didnt help. So the new plugs only lasted about 10 hours, also on the last trip when i got home there was some oil leaking out of the engine cover. There is oil on the top of the VSC and at the bottom of the intake silencer. I know these engines are not great for low RPM *****ing but plugs every 10 hours can be expensive. My question is are the problems related caused by excesive oil build up from the long low rpm trips ? Is there something i should check or just replace the plugs again, clean up the oil and test it ? Also i am using factory NGK plugs and Yamalube. Any help would be appreciated i just dont want to hurt anything.

Have the oil pump linkage adjustments checked, check thermostats are working properly.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Any idea what the oil linkage should be adjusted to ? I have heard on the stop at idle and i have also heard .5mm or.020 at idle. Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Working...
      X