Leaking between lower cowl and upper casing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking between lower cowl and upper casing

I have a 2005 VMax 150 carb with 563 hours and had it rebuilt after blowing # 6 piston 63 hours ago and we could not ID why it blew, no junk in bowl and jets not clogged. Now I have developed a water leak between the lower cowl and upper casing. I have replaced the pee hole hose. The hose from the PCV and the exhaust dump and the flush line hose and it still leaks. I have just a little water coming from the exhaust holes and sometime none if just at idle . The PCV is new and working properly with 20 Lbs while running and 5lbs at idle. The head gaskets appear good. It will not leak at the dock in neutral with all covers removed. The leak occurs when I'm on plane and the PCV is open and it leaks heavy, approx. 1 cup a minute. I have not tried to run with the covers off yet and would like to know if it's safe to do so.The rebuild did not do the exhaust plate's and gaskets and they said it was not needed when I questioned why it was not done. I had splashed deposits on plugs 1 thru 4 and plugs 5 and 6 are not white, say eggshell white but not tan.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Joe
    Last edited by jcclub47; 05-02-2010, 11:32 AM.

Busted speedometer hose.

After many hours of searching I finally found the cause of the leak. The speedometer hose was busted off and sucked into the main harness. The water was running from the front of the motor up by the steering and main harness to the back and lower cowling This probably happened when the motor was rebuilt. Anyway 2 golf tee's and I got a temp fix.

JC

Comment

Working...
    X