6HP TO 8HP cONVERSION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6HP TO 8HP cONVERSION

I have a 1991 2 stroke 6hp in great condition and a 1991 2 stroke 8 hp in poor condition. They look identical - My question is can I use any parts from the 8hp to convert the 6hp to 8hp?
    Last edited by Illawarra; 04-27-2010, 10:04 PM.

They have the same specs!

Originally posted by Illawarra View Post
    I have a 1991 2 stroke 6hp in great condition and a 1991 2 stroke 8 hp in poor condition. They look identical - My question is can I use any parts from the 8hp to convert the 6hp to 8hp?
    Hi Illawarra, they have the same specs as each other e.g. same bore, stroke and weight, so I am assuming the only difference would be the carbies. The 6hp may have smaller jets or something like that! I have recently purchased an 8hp in good condition myself however, I have realised I am missing some bits concerning the steering rack and auto flout lever etc. I am chasing some second-hand parts. Not much luck so far. If you know of any please let me know? Are you in Australia?

Comment

6hp to 8hp conversion

Illawarra
      I can confirm all the parts are interchangeable between the 6hp and the 8hp, but did you find out the answer to your question, because if you did I would also like to know the answer and in particular which parts need to be changed to convert the 6hp to an 8hp.

The Carbie and Jet are a given, but what about the Reed valve and the Exhaust system? You should be able to tell by compairing them with one another. Please let me know.

Originally posted by Illawarra View Post

Comment

Working...
      X