Using rabbit ears on a 50HP TLRA - Need info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using rabbit ears on a 50HP TLRA - Need info

I pulled my boat out of storage and pulled it over to the pad to run it a little bit using rabbit ears. It started fine and the telltale (pee) flow seemed to be ok, I didn't much rev the motor up.

My question is: Should the water (at idle) shoot straight out of the telltale or should it shoot out about 2 inches and then start falling off? Hard to describe but on my Merc 60 it pretty much shoots straight out for about 5-6 inches before it starts falling off.

Also, is the water also supposed to come out of the prop area, or somewhere else?

Just wondering, it seems that the intake holes where the rabbit ears attach are pretty small compared to other motors I've had...I guess this is enough of an intake???

Be carefull with the muff type flushers on that motor, the flusher doesn't fit the small gearcase motors very tight and when turn on water they may slide off of water inlet. The Yamaha doesn't pump a lot of pressure at idle like the Mercury do but you should get same amount of pressure running on flusher as do when it's in water.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

50 tlra water pump output

Thanks for the input. Question: Do backflushers work to get water back up through the telltale pipe? It seems that I've seen them sold at West Marine as well as on Ebay.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X