Yamaha t9.9 longshaft please help me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha t9.9 longshaft please help me!

Hello i recently bought a Yamaha t9.9 from a older lady that new almost nothing about the engine it was her ex husbands, its not in running condition but i picked it up for $100 dollars so i thought it was a decent deal, she said all she thought it needed was a carberator rebuild. Anyways can anyone please please help me find out what year it is, im pretty sure its from the mid 80's on the engine it says Yamaha 4 stroke model-T9.9LXHR Serial #785750 If anyone could please please give me any info or have any experience with a engine like this, Thank you soo much!!! Ps its the longshaft it will be used in my sailboat when its running that is if i can figure out whats wrong with it, im a car mechanic for ***** and this is my first go with working on a marine engine so hopefully i can handle it. Thanks!!!

I just looked at it again i may have made a mistake it may be T9.9EXHR then there is a box that says code and it says 6G8 UL
    Thanks!!

Comment

It's a 1993 model, 25 inch shaft length.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Awsome thank you does anyone know a good website with a diagram on how to remove the carb from this engine?

Comment

Working...
        X