2001 ox66 225

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 ox66 225

starting trouble, starts every time in driveway at home. starts 9 out of ten times. runs vary stong does not stall or struggle to stay running. when i go out fishing and turn of motor for while does not start back up. i remove cowling cover and turn starter or flywheel gears a little and motor starts up. do not want to change things for nothing need help. when i put ear muffs on and try to show mechanic it starts every time. thanks in advance.

Could be low voltage to engine, load test battery's, check battery cables and connections are clean and tight, starter may be bad or bad starter relay.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

0x66 225 2001

thanks, i had mechanic look over motor he found one connection on number one battery loose we tightened it up. took out on water thinking problem solved. drove to fishing spot switched to 9.9 *****ing motor ran for hour. then when we went to leave 225 would not start. did not try load tester but will thank you. we thought starter might have flat spot on it. but the only three times it would not start i was in water fishing. used 12 volt tester on relay and starter looks normal. was wondering about sensor against flywheel. all advise welcome only had boat and motor one month.

Comment

Working...
      X