Oil Transfer Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Transfer Problem

the outboard is a 1996 S200TXR. the remote tank in the boat is an older model maybe 1990. the level sensor in the remote tank has been disabled and the dash light blinks continuously. all had been working well until recently. now oil is not ransfering to the engine tank. when it's level goes below the lower level line the alarm sounds and the computer drops the rpm to idle. i can manually fill the engine tank and all is fine until the level once again drops below the lower level limit.

so far i have checked all wires and connection and reworked anything questionable. the engine tank sensor has been swapped with a working unit and the problem persists. what next??? computer/ECU? i am even willing to diable the oil injection and go back to adding oil to the gas.

any help is greatly appriciated.

If the oil level sensor in remote oil tank is disconnected then the oil transfer pump will not operate, need to replace sensor in oil tank.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

boats.net

thanks for the reply. i had the If the oil level sensor in remote oil tank bypassed and the oil transfer pump was operating fine. i really think this is another problem.

Comment

I am having the same issue!!!
        So if you get her fixed post the problem please.

Good luck.

Update:
        Mine turned out to be the 4 pin connector. A little corrosion. Seams OK now.
        Last edited by F3X; 05-03-2010, 10:27 PM.

Comment

What was the result?

Having same problem w/ S150TXRX. What was the problem?
          Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X