problem with oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with oil

I have a V200 YAMAHA OUTBOARD.The problem is with the automatic transmission oil from the remote oil tank to the main engine's oil tank.Whenever i'm filling oil by the means of emergency togle switch the system is ok and i do not have any problem.But during i run the engine and oil has been consumed it is necessary the automatic filling of the main oil tank,but there is a problem here.the bar of the indicator is flashing continually.notes: all flotters (2) have been checked and there is not any problem.moreover all of the wiring harness have been checked by a digital multimeter and there is not any problem too.so what can be done??
    vaggelis123

When you say "automatic transmission oil " hope that don't mean you are using automatic transmission fluid in oil tank, should use NMEA TCW-3 rated 2 stroke oil.
    Check the float level sensor on engine oil tank, may have a bad switch in it. If this is an older model that has an oil control module then it could cause it as well.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

problem with oil tank

when i i'm saying ''automatic transmission" i mean that the oil tcw3 doesn't go automatically from remote tank oil to the main ( on the engine)oil tank,but the system when it is empty it is essential ,from me by the means of toggle emergency switch,to fill the main tank with oil.during this procession i have alarm sound as it is required.note:both sensors(flotters)are ok.

Comment

Working...
      X